As a responsible owner or a wise rental, you must take into consideration all your options in order to secure your property against burglars. Fortunately, there are ways and security measures that will set at rest this serious problem and provide you with tranquillity and safety.
Here are some security tips that we are advising you to consider if you are living in Bucharest:
- Use a security system. It’s the most efficient way to defend your apartment. It will instantly detect any act of intrusion. You can choose from setting in a surveillance camera, using a wireless security system that you can access from your mobile phone, install motion detectors.
Moreover, you can sign a contract with a specialized firm that deals with home’s security and offers an incident response team. How does this work? It’s a method of combining tech and humans. Basically, the firm will install door and windows sensors, webcams, motion sensors, a siren or an alarm (all these depend on what you want or need), and a control panel. All security items installed will communicate with the control panel – a computer that deals with all items and can arm and disarm the system. It also sends info to the security firm.
BGS is a renowned security company that offers alarm systems and monitoring-intervention services. They will cover your problem from scratch. It will all start with the consultancy part (what exactly do you need, the area you live in, apartment’s surface, ways of entry, and which alarm items are suited for you). They will continue with installing this personalized alarm system that will finally be connected to BGS Dispatch and will monitor potential burglary events. Their intervention agents are said to be among the most feared among burglars, and very well equipped and prompt.
NEI is another company offering solutions to security-related problems. They have monitoring and intervention services. It all happens in their system dispatching center, where all alarms are taken over and efficiently assigned to the team located in the proximity of your apartment. They will also notify the police and retain the suspect until the arrival of the officers. Even better, depending on the type of contracted services, one of NEI’s agents will randomly (day/night, different hours) supervise the area of the apartment.
Team Guard will install all sorts of security sensors– glass break, vibration, magnetic contact or infrared barrier sensors. They also have a general dispatch where all alarm signals are received and then allocated to specialized intervention teams.
Other highly rated security companies in Bucharest are R.P.G Security, G4S Secure Solutions, or Civitas. They all offer monitoring&intervention packages, but prices may vary from one company to another.
- Although you can safely let specialized companies deal with eventual burglars, there still are some steps that you can take as an act of prevention:
- invest in high-quality door looks and solid doors;
- do not store valuable goods in the apartment, you’ll suffer less in the eventuality of a burglary; if you choose to do so, secure your valuable goods in a home safe or lockbox;
- install a motion sensor lighting at the door – spotlight may intimidate potential intruders;
- be an involved neighbor – get to know everybody, suggest adding more light on your street. Being part of a community with well-lit streets means increased protection
- Don’t be naive and/or negligent – try to put yourself in the shoes of a burglar and spot all your apartment’s weaknesses. Also, do not make the mistake of hiding your spare keys under the doormat or advertising your vacation on Facebook.